When a customer needs help maintaining, repairing or upgrading a B & H labeler, a scheduled non-emergency service visit from a B & H Field Service Engineer is a great investment.
How can a B & H Field Service Engineer help? Here are a few examples:
- Installing new OEM parts or major machine assemblies including vacuum drum shafts, glue wheel shafts and bearings, and drive chains on mechanical labelers.
- Installing and testing change parts for a new container, and training operators to efficiently execute the changeover process.
- Installing component upgrades.
- Trouble shooting intermittent problems.
- Hands on training and coaching for new operators and new maintenance personnel.
Regardless of the reason, on-site support from B & H Field Service Engineers is a great investment in the performance of your B & H labeler.
For more information about B & H Service, call the Sales & Service Coordinator at 209-556-6160, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.